Xiaomi Xiaoyi Ant - Solution for problems with timezone, RTSP and HTTP access
The four main problems with the Xiaomi Xiaoyi Small Ant are solved! A Russian has made the effort of fixing the Small Ant and additionally added a few new features. Since using this hack the small cam is running better than ever. Thank you very much for this post, chex01! The german translation of the instructions can be found here. Let's start with the problem description.
Problem 1 - time zones / Time Zone:
Interestingly, the timezone can not be changed via the app of the Xiaomi Xiaoyi Small Ant. Thus, the small security camera always ran ahead 6 hours. When the time stamp on the live stream showed 16:00, it was just 10:00 o'clock in the morning. So I could not use the feature with the timeline.
Problem 2 - RTSP no longer works:
Devices with older firmware have this feature yet. However, it was removed by the manufacturer in a firmware update. Previously, you could connect to 2 RTSP Stream streams of the surveillance camera.
HD Stream: rtsp://<ipaddr>:554/ch0_0.h264
SD stream: rtsp://<ipaddr>:554/ch0_1.h264
Problem 3 - HTTP access:
Also a locked feature. It was possible to connect via HTTP to the Xiaomi and get access to the SD card.
Problem 4 - no telnet service:
For the average user of little importance, but indispensable for the expert
Trying 192.168.1.128 ...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.1.128:
Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
Now for the solution:
Notes: The flashing the firmware can go wrong and damage your device. Performing the procedure goes at your own risk. This is only a documentation how it worked for me.
2. The zip file must now be unpacked. Open the folder "XiaomiAnts_easy_boot".
3. The microSD which you used for your Xiaomi Xiaoyi Ant you now open on your computer.
4. Copy the contents of the folder "XiaomiAnts_easy_boot" directly to the SD card. So the file "home" and the folder "test."
For me, it looked like this:
5. If you are living in a different time zone (GMT+6 is Germany, Denmake, Austria, Italy...) you have to download the file "equip_test.sh" open and modify the row. The line "my_version =" should contain possible the latest version of the firmware.
6. Now put the SD card back in the camera and power it up. If even after a minute nothing happened pressing the reset button for 10 seconds.
An additional feature is the FTP access. The login data loud exactly as for telnet:
Please note, that if the app asks you a firmware update, you want to decline it.
You might also be interested in: Original Xiaomi Yi Small Ants Camera Android App Apk